Sunday, October 19, 2008

Puddles...


This is a late entry-had some trouble with my server...Last class session was a little hectic with having to shift kids....finally I have a reading buddy....my own son, Andrew. It may work out for both of us. I do have a personal goal in choosing my child as my reading buddy. According to some school assessments, it has shown that Andrew had dropped in his reading level. I wanted to work with my own son to see which areas he was struggling in and I would like to close that gap.
From a parent's viewpoint, Andrew is a good reader. He is able to attack words with strategies that he has learned from his primary grades so it puzzled me that he scored lower than expected. After Monday's session, I realized what areas he neede to work on. Since his accuracy and fluency were on grade level, we will be working on comprehension and retelling of stories. I hope to share strategies that Andrew can work with when reading passages. With my personal goal of seeing my child succeed, I hope to go through my "puddle" this semester and find success in Andrew's reading skills.

This is a puddle in my reading clinic path...and I hope to use this experience with my students...to have personal goals for each child to achieve success in reading...

3 comments:

Ceferino Duarosan, Jr. said...

I know that you will do well with your son. Good luck, classmate! We are all here if you need help.

Kate Pappano said...

I think this is a great opportunity for both you and Andrew. You will be able to truly see his reading progress and be able to communicate the results to his teacher, hopefully creating a very good working relationship with her.

Kate Pappano said...
This comment has been removed by the author.