Sunday, November 23, 2008

Hahahaha.......



"A very wise old teacher once said: "I consider a day's teaching wasted if we do not all have one hearty laugh." He meant that when people laugh together, they cease to be young and old, master and pupils, jailer and prisoners. They become a single group of human beings enjoying its existence." -- Gilbert Highet

As I read through the list of quotes, this one caught my attention in a huge way. I interpreted it as that every now and then we may be seriously engaged in our work and everyday lives that we sometimes tend to forget to laugh to break the monotony of our existence in this life. Laughter tends to bring out the human in ourselves no matter who we are. I find this very true especially when I my students are placing their challenges on my plate all throughout the day until someone or something creates some kind of hoopla to bring out laughter from everyone.

3 comments:

Lorna Mae Gonzalez said...

This reminds me of a Professional Development Instruction offered by one of our school administrators. His whole lecture was on finding a smile in everything. He talked about how it may lessen our burden when we teach struggling students or those with behavior issues. So everyone, smile!

Ceferino Duarosan, Jr. said...

Don't worry about laughing--that's why I send you texts every now and then.

Kate Pappano said...

Laughing is the best cure-all out there! My sense of humor has gotten me through every stressful event in my life so I can see how important laughter in the classroom is.