Monday, November 3, 2008

Getting There!

Andrew and I have meeting outside our home life to meet our reading goals. We completed the story, "Tuck Everlasting." It was a struggle to read the chapter when we could and go over the chapter's events each time. I learned that before we begin to read a chapter, I remind Andrew that when we finish reading the chapter, we will share the details of what was read. As I prepared him, I was hoping that by thinking aloud, it will model and help him create a habit each time he reads. I want him to prepare his mind before he reads and to be able to recall information about what he read.

Andrew will take a test on our school program, Scholastic Reading Counts on the story. It will benefit his reading goals with the reading clinic at UOG, the school's reading goal for each student (to read 25 books in a school year!), and to build his comprehension skills.

We are getting there..not quite but almost...

1 comment:

Ceferino Duarosan, Jr. said...

I'm glad that your back and working with Andrew outside of school. Hope to see you on Monday!